"At Airtable, we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Building a remarkable team is a top-level company priority as we go execute on this vision, and we need a world-class Finance function to make it happen! This is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding Finance team where you will have an incredible impact on how we achieve our goals with hands-on support to our team, customers, and vendors.
What you'll do
- A key contributor to establishing a solid foundation for audit-ready close and internal control processes, as well as addressing technical accounting needs as the Company scales.
- Manage the financial close process. Prepare and review journal entries, and reconciliations
- Oversee daily accounting operations on general and technical accounting.
- Supervise and mentor accounting staff.
- Serve as a collaborative business partner across functions.
- Manage the procurement and vendor onboarding process.
- Develop and standardize accounting and operational policies and procedures with a focus on continuous improvement and systems.
- Manage the preparation and filing of corporate tax returns and other statutory, compliance filings in collaboration with external firms
- Manage special projects as needed (e.g. audits, system implementations, international expansion, FP&A support).
Who you are
- Accounting Manager (or equivalent) with at least 5 years of relevant accounting experience and CPA license.
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- This role is all about the details paired with thoughtful and strategic execution. You are passionate about process, continuous improvement, and leveraging technology. You thrive in juggling and driving multiple projects to completion.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful and customer-focused.
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over your work and the work of the team.
- You approach new learning experiences with confidence and curiosity.
- You value working together and how you can contribute to the goals and success of the team and company. You have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: CPA license, SAAS experience, SOX experience, and advanced excel and system skills.
- Preferred: Systems experience with NetSuite, Avalara, Bill.com, Expensify, Salesforce, Mode or similar systems.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.