"Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
As Controller, you'll own the future of accounting operations and reporting, as we scale our business. Webflow is stepping into its next phase of growth! You can help set up a strategic direction for the accounting team and impact the efforts of the entire finance department.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco
As the Webflow’s Controller, you’ll …
- Oversee all aspects of General Ledger while reviewing and determining appropriate US GAAP Accounting principles for company business initiatives
- Grow and mentor the accounting and finance team, ensuring they are set up for success in their roles and careers
- Own the timely completion of Monthly, Quarterly and Year-End Financial Close
- Design and roll out an internal reporting package that includes financial and operational reporting metrics and would serve as the Company’s Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A)
- Collaborate and build relationships with all departments, providing data and insights that help managers and executives make informed decisions
- Develop accounting processes, systems, policies, documentation, and controls, including ASC 606
- Explore and establish tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, indirect and other applicable taxes
- Improve and update company financial plans, forecasts, and cash needs on a regular basis
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the workweek) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as the Controller if you:
- Are a Certified Public Accountant with progressive accounting experience in an established company, firm or startup.
- Enjoy working on (and meeting) deadlines
- Are able to work independently and collaborate with a team, as projects require
- Are detail-oriented and able to find any discrepancies
- Have the ability to carry out changes and translate data into useful information for decision making
- Are eager to grow your career and capabilities in a fast pace environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
1. For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
2. For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
1. Start with customers
2. Practice extraordinary kindness
3. Be radically candid
4. Move intentionally fast
5. Just fix it
6. Lead by serving others
7. Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Controller and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.