At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” As a Customer Support Manager, you will help guide our Customer Support strategy, thinking deeply about how to inspire our customers and deliver product knowledge at scale. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of customers on highly impactful use-cases, determining how to give a high quality experience to all of them - from Free to Paid and Fortune 10 to individual users. Each customer has unique needs and your team will act as a trusted partner to help our customers effectively leverage Airtable’s product to transform the way they work.
At Airtable, Customer Support works in tight partnership with our Sales, Customer Success, Growth, Product, and Marketing teams to deliver insights and help accelerate Airtable’s growth with customer insights. We are transforming the way the world builds software by empowering our customers and inspiring innovation.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing and scaling Customer Support teams, through high-touch and community led experiences. They should approach problems analytically and find energy in constantly improving the customer experience. This role requires strong systems thinking, priority management, relationship building skills, and a desire to lead by example with tactics and strategy. Candidates may be based in Airtable’s Austin, San Francisco, or New York City offices or work remote. Members of the Customer Support team work remotely across the US.
What you'll do
- Develop the team responsible for solving customer support needs. Grow the Customer Support team by recruiting, hiring, training and coaching top talent.
- Plan and oversee our Scaled Customer Support team to facilitate customer success, build brand loyalty, and hit company goals. This team is responsible for the experience of all non-Enterprise-plan customers.
- Ensure Customer Support team is set up to succeed with educational resources and self-serve content as Airtable launches new products. Build tight feedback loops between educational resources and user needs.
- Iteratively invest in customer support excellence. Identify new partners to unlock new business opportunities. Load balance ticket-resolution with other Customer Support responsibilities.
- Set team goals and run experiments to improve the customer experience. Experiment with reactive and proactive campaigns to educate and enable Airtable’s creators.
- Partner cross-functionally to surface actionable insights to the company in support of broader business objectives.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years professional experience scaling tiered Support, ideally within a fast-paced environment or SaaS organization
- You have a proven track record of organizational leadership and directly managing a high performing distributed team across time zones. You have a minimum of 5+ years of people management experience.
- You thrive and lead effectively in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing and fast-paced environment.
- You have exceptional organizational, operational, and analytical skills.
- You demonstrate the ability to grow Customer Support team’s in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities and make data-driven decisions.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills.
- You take pride in using Customer Support capabilities to help other team’s succeed.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about Airtable!
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a $100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.