"Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Director of Content to help us build our content strategy and manage our editorial processes into an engine for growth and engagement.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Director of Content, you’ll:
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to define the content strategy, and develop an action plan
- Develop distribution plans for and align all customer-facing content (blog, university, YouTube, events, conferences, etc.) with our customer journey and brand
- Manage and grow a team of content producers and strategists in addition to our pool of talented freelance, community, and internal writers
- Act as managing editor to ensure that content is meeting both brand and editorial standards — from high-level content planning to detailed in-line editing
- Oversee Webflow’s entire content production process — from defining our overall content strategy to overseeing individual campaigns from kickoff to analysis
- Manage our original content production efforts and make sure we’re building off of and complementing each other’s work
- Create an actionable content strategy across all of our marketing channels that talks to our 3 main buyer personas: freelancers, in house designers, and business stakeholders
That said, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your core responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as our Director of Content if you:
- Have significant experience leading and managing content teams in brand and/or marketing roles
- Have experience shaping a brand’s footprint through content
- Have people management experience within a high growth company or startup
- Enjoy working cross-functionally to make sure there is consistency in our brand voice and tone across a variety of initiatives
- Have a background in SaaS, B2B, or design software industry
- Work well in a rapidly changing environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
1. For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
2. For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
1. Start with customers
2. Practice extraordinary kindness
3. Be radically candid
4. Move intentionally fast
5. Just fix it
6. Lead by serving others
7. Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director of Content and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.