Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of teams, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Notion — an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build Notion's sales engine from the ground up.
Why this Role?
- Sell a product people love that solves real problems: Fortune 500 companies use Notion to run huge teams — but your friends and family can also use it to take notes, display photos, and more. Some non-profits even use it to conserve wildlife!
- Help to create the vision for sales at Notion: As our second sales hire, you'll be instrumental in crafting everything from start-to-close of our sales motion. You'll be crucial as we embark into the enterprise world, too.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next.
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over a million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn. You'll take on everything from sales to success to start, with endless learning potential.
We make tools to amplify people's minds and businesses.
Humans are toolmakers by nature, but most of us don't have the skills to modify the software that we depend on every day. We run our work and lives across too many apps, and too few of them work the way we wish they did. Notion challenges this status quo by giving everyone the building blocks of productivity — notes, docs, tasks, databases — and the flexibility to combine them in new, creative ways.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world's problems. ✌️
Life at Notion
We're a small band of design, history and art nerds based in San Francisco. We work out of a sunny converted garage in the Mission that looks a lot like the software we build.
The best way to understand Notion is to play with the product: www.notion.so.
Or, read the story behind the product: www.notion.so/about
We've heard Notion described many ways. It can be as simple as a blank piece of paper, making writing feel light and delightful. It can be as complex as a relational database that stores huge amounts of data. We sometimes compare it to a set of Legos (if Legos were designed by The New York Times). But at its core, Notion is a toolbox of software building blocks that let you manage your life and work however you find most useful.
About this Role
So, what will you do at Notion in this Enterprise Growth role?
- You'll secure and close enterprise deals — the top 1% of our customer base. You'll also ensure Notion meets the needs of large teams by engaging with prospects.
- You'll serve as a trusted advisor to Notion's prospects and customers all over the world. You'll be empathetic to their needs, flexible with their timezones, and creative in your engagement.
- You'll leverage (and qualify) the thousands of new users who sign up every day.
- While reporting to our Head of Sales, you'll help to define and structure our sales motion. You'll also work closely with Notion's community, marketing, and product teams, sharing key information to and from customers.
This might be for you if...
- You've succeeded in selling bottom-up SaaS products at an enterprise level, and can speak articulately about the experience.
- You thrive in a 'blank-slate' sales environment. You can manage deals strategically, and you've owned each stage of a sales motion before, including sourcing.
- You're highly empathetic, with fantastic relationship management skills. Customers truly enjoy taking your calls, and this shows from a strong track record of expansion.
- You're product-minded, with an entrepreneurial spirit. You'd never sell a product you couldn't get behind — integrity is a key value for you.
- You've shown a knack for working independently, though you're excited to help build our culture alongside teammates across Notion.
- What benefits can I expect?
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Standard 401(k).
- Monthly commuter credits.
- New laptop/equipment of your choice.
- 21 paid days off (14 normal business days + ~7 days during end-of-year holidays).
- Team retreats twice a year — including everyone's plus-one! Past trips have been to Hawaii, Tahoe, and Breckenridge, Colorado.
- Dog-friendly office 🐶
- Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
- This role is full-time and based on-site in San Francisco. Because we're such a small, tight-knit team right now, working all in one place helps us go faster and solve complex problems together.
- Do you sponsor visas?
- At the moment, we're not able to sponsor or transfer visas for this role.
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Please send us an email at email@example.com!
- Be sure to share any materials that help us get to know you better, such as your LinkedIn profile, resume, example sales decks.
- Keep your application short and sweet! 🙂