"What is dashdash?
Imagine a spreadsheet grid that enables users to create interactive web apps by calling an API or repeating a job, using the spreadsheet skills they already have - no code needed. This is what we are building. Don’t let the word “spreadsheet” intimidate you - what we are trying to do is to improve the existing user experience of a spreadsheet by creating something unique and easy to use. Plus, we are just starting, meaning you will have freedom to experiment and lots of flexibility on a daily basis.
We have been on the news. You can find us on TechCrunch (https://tcrn.ch/2LnB1r0), VentureBeat (https://bit.ly/2IGwgHS), Observador [pt] (https://bit.ly/2rZV0Ar) and many other media!
We’re looking for an awesome Product Designer to join our team in Porto.
What you will do:
- Partner with engineers and product owners to design solutions that oversee the user experience from conception until launch.
- Envision ways of expanding and applying our brand across the different sections of our product and multiple channels like social media or marketing.
- Deliver polished interfaces and awesome visual outputs that help us create a next-level experience for our users!
- Learn from our awesome team of designers, engineers and product owners.
- Provide and solicite feedback from our team of designers to constantly improve your work and make dashdash even greater.
You will be working on:
- Landing pages and onboarding flows.
- Illustrations and brand application throughout the product.
- Creation of style guides.
- An account dashboard where users manage settings, apps and integrations.
- The editor where we have all toolbars, grid, helpers and many other different features.
- Additional pages and features where we help users learn and extract the maximum value out of our core functionality and available integrations.
We're looking for people who improve our team! Our ideal buddy is:
- Motivated to solve complex challenges. We are building a platform that provides Computing to the masses; this requires cooking up new design solutions.
- Professional and fun. We value commitment and the ability to stay optimistic and focused, especially in the face of difficult challenges or feedback. But we also find plenty of time to talk about The Big Lebowski.
- Focused on quality and usability. We hate alarms going off and features that are half-designed as much as you do. Come build a polished product with us!
- 5+ years of proven experience designing at business-focused companies or agencies.
- Knowledge of UX best practices and heuristics and understanding of what constitutes a good or bad experience.
- Ability to translate complex requirements and user research into simple visual solutions.
- Understanding of visual design best practices such as composition, grid, balance, symmetry, typography, color usage and use of white space.
- A refined aesthetic sense that can help us expand our brand across different mediums/channels.
- Flexibility for switching tasks easily and being able to design not only for the core product, but also brand and marketing related outputs.
- Knowledge about the fundamentals of web (html & css), understanding of technical limitations and good communication skills with FE dev teams.
- Concept idealization and great product vision while still being able to work in IA, user journeys, wireframes and edge cases.
- Autonomy and ownership of design processes.
- Proficiency with Sketch and/or Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and simple prototyping tools such as Invision.
- A relevant and awesome online Portfolio or PDF reflecting both UX and visual skills.
- Previous experience in software products, including B2C and B2B ambients.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Principle or Framer.js.
Also, if we call your mom she will say you're a pretty nice person ;)
Nice to have
- Motion design skills, svg animation skills.
Compensation and Perks
- Expected Annual Gross Salary Range: 40.600-52.300€.
- Employee equity plan.
- Health Insurance for you and your family.
- Plenty of coffee and frequent ice-cream.
- Liberal work-from-home policy.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Be part of a great team, have autonomy to give inputs and make things happen! In short: Really impact this Product!
Send the following information to us:
1. Complete Linkedin link or CV pdf.
2. Online portfolio or PDF.
3. Which position you want to apply to and why.
4. Email, phone contacts.
5. Also send three (3x) 1-hour slots of availability in the next 3-5 days.