I built Silver Lining to help those affected by layoffs by connecting them with recruiters looking for great talent. Last summer I had to close my startup and lay off my entire team. It sucked. I tried to help them all find new jobs by sharing a spreadsheet of their profiles with their network and on social. I couldn't believe that there were no better resources to help place those who I was about to lay off. Since then, we've had more and more layoffs. Almost every time it is followed by a spreadsheet - WeWork, Uber, Oyo, Expedia... one tab with messy information on jobseekers, and another tab where recruiters are adding jobs.
Since launch we have had close to 1,000 jobseeker profiles added, and 75 recruiters use the platform to find talent.
Silver Lining is built using the following tools:
- Webflow: website build, use CMS for jobseekers, company layoff news.
- Memberstack: manage login/logout and dashboard access, captures extra recruiter data via onboarding form after account creation.
- Airtable: Jobseeker data, Recruiter data - source of data for candidates and recruiters
- Typeform: Used as jobseeker intake form, sends info to Airtable using Zapier
- Zapier: Use Zapier for multiple tasks -- 1/ Jobseekers from typeform > Airtable > Webflow CMS (inc multi ref fields) 2/ Recruiter signups from Memberstack > Airtable > Mailchimp 3/ Create weekly digest of new jobseekers and create/send campaign in Mailchimp
- Mailchimp: Auto signup emails for jobseekers, recruiters as well as a weekly email digest to recruiters.
Dashboard homepage - news feed of company layoffs (uses webflow CMS)
Dashboard - jobseeker search, filter by job domain