I'm Irma! 👋 I'm a Product Manager by day, work remotely and create usually at night.
What did I build? Since I'm a Product Manager, I often get stuck on designing a product or software roadmap, building it and keeping it up to date. For those who may not know what roadmaps are, it's essentially a map of themes/outcomes that support short-term and long-term business and customer needs. It aids Product Teams and business stay aligned as they work towards meeting goals quarter over quarter.
My product is RoadmapClub, a list featuring real examples of public Software and Product Roadmaps from companies like Buffer, Monzo, Prodpad, and much more. Our target audience are founders, entrepreneurs, investors and Product people. Why? As software companies gear up to plan Q1 2020 RoadmapClub is that hub you want to use to gain inspiration and help as you create your product roadmap.
"I think the no-code market is incredible. It gives superpowers to anyone who doesn't know how to code OR people that do know how to code but are looking to launch a lightweight product that still gets the job done for users"
Each tool I used served a purpose and like I stated earlier I tried to stick to tools that I already had worked with before so that there would be a minimal learning curve. Overall, building this took <1 day, it was pretty quick to spin up. The only aspect that took a little longer was waiting for the domain to propagate. I had to make time honestly, I time blocked my calendar for 2-3 hours this week and just cranked it out.
- Used this to store the list of public product roadmaps, titled 'Roadmaps'. Each row in my table includes, the Company Name, About Company, Link to the Roadmap, Link to the Company and screenshot of their public roadmap.
- I embedded the list from 'Roadmaps' on my Notion page using 'Gallery' view to make it easier to scroll through for users.
- Airtable forms are great and that's what will power handling new submission. New submissions will populate automatically to my Notion space.
- This houses my site! All I did here was create a new Page in Notion, setup a few blocks to make it feel like a website and embedded my Gallery view of 'Roadmaps'
- Will handle subscribers who sign up to receive updates from Roadmap Club.
Buttondown Email dashboard where updates will be sent from :)
I think the no-code market is incredible. It gives superpowers to anyone who doesn't know how to code OR people that do know how to code but are looking to launch a lightweight product that still gets the job done for users. For me a limitation has been not being super strong with Google Sheet functions, I feel like it's hindered my speed when creating. I've learned a lot because of it though.
- RoadmapClub - http://roadmapclub.com
- My site - https://irmamesa.com
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/_justirma
- RemoteNewbie - https://remotenewbie.com
I'm always happy to collaborate, bounce ideas, share struggles - feel free to DM me! 👋