This was built with Bubble. It allows you to have users, profiles, upvotes, comments, posting links etc. So I built a mini Hacker News.
How it works:
- Bubble has built in user modules so I just used the Signup/Login popup they provide
- You need to create two extra Data types (Bubble already includes User as a data type)
- Links (Comment, Description, URL, Title, Upvote Number and Users Who Upvoted)
- Comments (Comment Upvote Number, Content, User Who Upvoted Comment)
- The main content of the site will sit within a Repeating Group
- Within that you create the structure for the posts.
- You'll need the Current Cell's Index (for the number 1,2,3 etc)
- Title text, upvote number and icon, link creators username, creation date and number of comments.
- Then you need to Start Workflows to make it all stick together.
- Clicking comments takes you to page item (Parent Group's Link) to generate an item page where you can add repeating group for comments and adding new ones etc.
- Clicking upvote icon to +1 to the upvote number of that link item plus add your username to the list of users who have upvoted that item.
- Add a submission page which you add text input fields which link to creating a new item that will be displayed
- To switch between new/popular feeds you need to create custom states and have the text change the repeating group items (Sort by Popular = True or False)