This mini app shows how you can use Coda.io, Zapier and Airtable to create a mini food ordering system.
How it works:
- Pick a restaurant from the dropdown (which references the Restaurant names in another table)
- The Menu table gets filtered based on the restaurant name and shows the corresponding Menu items and cost
- The Add and Remove buttons are formulas which trigger the fields # of Items by +1 or -1
- Total Cost is just the # of items multiplied by the Price
- The Order Text is a formula to add # of items text plus the Menu Item
- When you click Check Out it sends this data to the Orders table
- A new Order ID is generated and all the relevant data for a food order is added in the right columns
- When a new Order ID line is added, this triggers a Zapier Zap
- The Zap sends the data from the Coda doc to the Airtable base
- From there you can automatically send emails if a restaurant name is selected or many other things.