For every person that subscribes to our newsletter (or product), we want to automatically create a landing page in Webflow where they can refer others. That page should:
- Unique to every user
- Autofill the email
- Track the number of people that have been referred
- Include a link so we can track number of referrals
In part 1, we set up everything except tracking referrals.
Setting up Airtable and Webflow
- [x] Set up Webflow CMS
- [x] Setup Airtable base
- [x] Setup Zapier to send subscribers to Airtable + Create CMS item
- [x] Create new page for each new subscriber
- [x] Custom Code to input referral link
- [x] Custom Code to input email
In part 2, we add in tracking who's referred whom using a ?ref parameter and Airtable's recordID.
- [x] Capturing referral parameter on homepage
- [x] Airtable notes
- [x] Zapier setup
Try it live!
Some things to know
- Updating the referral count requires you to add the CMSid in Airtable and then update the CMS item
- Webflow CMS URLs are case sensitive, everything must be lowercase (use slug when linking to referral pages)
- The lookup for the recordID is also case sensitive:
- Always use ?ref=RECORDID not ?ref=SLUG for the referral parameter